Student Dependent Visa

For anybody, moving abroad and beginning a new life as a student is exciting yet challenging. Most people abandon their families and partners to begin a new life on their own. However, there is a substantial solution for this: the student dependent visa (500).

A student dependent visa is not the same as an individual visa. It belongs to the same category as student visas (subclass 500).

An international student with a 12-month or longer student visa can bring their family members, spouses, or children under the age of 18 into the country on a dependent visa.

Student Dependent Visa Work Rights

In Australia, dependent applicants are permitted to work. The following rights are conditional on the student’s course of study:

  • A dependent partner can study in Australia for up to three months on any course.
  • The dependent spouse of a student pursuing a bachelor’s degree would be allowed to work up to 40 hours per fortnight.
  • The dependent spouse of a student seeking a master’s or doctorate degree or doing research would have complete and unrestricted working rights.

Since the Student Dependent Visa application process is so complex, it’s worth referring to a registered migration agent.

Speak to us: +61413557037 or email us: